Saturday, November 12, 2011

Film Tittles

I love film tittles. People around me have never understood why I obsess about them soo much, but the truth of it is that I was first introduced to them only two years ago. Yes, I know how is this possible? I´m  not sure. It wasn´t until a presentation we had in school about film tittles, that I became a complete tittles geek.

Anyways, finding three favorite tittles sequences was difficult. I can´t say these are the best three, I can say however they are within my top favorite, and this is why:

1) Dean Spanley tittle sequence:
I discovered this sequence a couple of weeks ago, and was completely dumfounded by the animation. Coincidentally, it was during the time we were exploring the method of using cameras and 2d layers to give a 3d effect in class, so I spent a long time researching it and looking at the different techniques used.
I think what I admire the most about this animation in particular is the camera use and the silohouette effect.
The delicate use of the lines and illustrative effect is something that puts the viewer into the mood of the story; also the patterns used to fill in the shapes rather than a fill color.

2) The Pink Panther 2
Another one of my all time favorites, and one of the first tittle sequences I was introduced to. One of the reasons for why I love it the most, is for the clever way in which the tittles are revealed. Not only does it play along with the feel of the film, but it creates a connection with the viewer giving them the role to play as a detective, uncovering the clues that are in fact the tittles. 

3) Bunraku
An incredible sequence that caught my eye from the moment it began until the last second. I tend to look for things and styles that are non traditional. I love to watch a sequence over and over again to determine how they did it, and this is one of them. I find the paper style in combination with the use of cameras and live action incredible, and definitely an admirable and inspirational piece.


No comments:

Post a Comment