SARASOTA FILM FESTIVAL
When I first heard about the assignment, I was excited mainly because sound animation is one the aspects of motion that most appeal to me, and I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to try out and explore using visual analogies in storytelling.
MY APPROACH
With this in mind, when it came to interviewing people, rather than concentrating on the noises or sounds, I was looking for words and phrases that stood out. I was lucky with the people I came across during my interviews. However when it came to interviewing this particular student it clicked in my head that this was exactly what I was looking for.
I wanted to give the animation a twist, and represent what he was saying word by word, through metaphors and visual analogies.
CONCEPT
“A true film experience comes not from what you see, but from what you make of the images in relation to what you hear.
Discover the world that lays behind your screen through visual analogies in our journey of metaphorical storytelling.”
Thinking about what style to use that combined both concepts of film festival and Sarasota, I decided to do a sand animation. Using sand as a representation of a big element composed of small particles changing in time. Which in a way goes along with the entire concept of a film festival. Representing both the philosophy of the SFF along with the essence of Sarasota.
INSPIRATION
PROCESS
I will create the animation in After Effects, then recreate it with real sand in pur stop motion lab, using traditional animation as a representation of both traditional film and hands on storytelling.
FINAL STORYBOARD
STYLE GUIDE



No comments:
Post a Comment